Cross-border Discovery and Data Protection
In the digital world, it is increasingly important, and presumed, that we should be able to move data freely. However, many countries laws governing the use and transmission of personal and other protected data differ quite dramatically from U.S. laws. Larimer Law can help you navigate this evolving legal landscape, with services including:
- Assisting multinational organizations with operations outside of the U.S. in resolving conflicts between the U.S. discovery laws and more protective requirements of foreign jurisdictions.
- Guiding foreign corporations operating in the U.S. to help them understand the complexities of U.S. discovery laws and procedures.
- Addressing practical and legal challenges arise in the context of cross-border discovery disputes.
International Litigation and Arbitration
Larimer Law attorneys often work with multinational corporations, and we have close working relationships with multi-national law firms and practitioners around the world. Our staff includes experienced attorneys, fluent in English, Mandarin and Traditional Chinese, and offers many different services to the Chinese legal community, including:
- Chinese Language Document Review
- Commercial litigation consultation
- IP protection and litigation service
- Witness interviews, Affidavits, Depositions, Chinese interpretation
- Due diligence in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (FCPA) document review and witness interviewing
- Chinese VISA and employment law consultation
- International shipping law consultation, especially China, London and Singapore
- Arbitration consultation, including ICC, LCIA, SIAC, HKIAC, CIETAC, BIAC, GZAC, SCIA